Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What I know for sure...

There are a few things in life that I have known for sure.  100%.  No back and forth, no discussion or weighing or hemming or hawing.... Just sure... Absolutely sure.  I can recall everyone of them in detail:
1.  Marrying Dave --- love that guy.  I can't believe how much I love him.

2.  Ending my teaching career (which I loved with a passion) to start Action Pack Dog Center... Nothing could stop me from bringing this dream to life...
3.  Adopting my daughters... I knew when I first laid my eyes on them that they were my children.  I had no idea what it would take to adopt them, but, again, nothing was going to stop me.  I was sure.

4.  My cowboy boots.  I saw them across a crowded boot store and wild horses couldn't hold me back.

5.  And most recently... when I read this sentence in a Facebook status regarding the birth of a litter of puppies:  "one 'special' girl with a deformed front leg"...  I didn't know how or who or why or when, but I knew she was for me.

And so this is Ever: My 'special' perfect puppy.  I'm ready to give her all that I have and I hope it is enough....

1 comment: