There are a few things in life that I have known for sure. 100%. No back and forth, no discussion or weighing or hemming or hawing.... Just sure... Absolutely sure. I can recall everyone of them in detail:
1. Marrying Dave --- love that guy. I can't believe how much I love him.
2. Ending my teaching career (which I loved with a passion) to start Action Pack Dog Center... Nothing could stop me from bringing this dream to life...
3. Adopting my daughters... I knew when I first laid my eyes on them that they were my children. I had no idea what it would take to adopt them, but, again, nothing was going to stop me. I was sure.
4. My cowboy boots. I saw them across a crowded boot store and wild horses couldn't hold me back.
5. And most recently... when I read this sentence in a Facebook status regarding the birth of a litter of puppies: "one 'special' girl with a deformed front leg"... I didn't know how or who or why or when, but I knew she was for me.
And so this is Ever: My 'special' perfect puppy. I'm ready to give her all that I have and I hope it is enough....